How to pick yourself up when you've lost motivation.

1st February, 2017
We all have a moment of weakness in our life. Bad day, week or even an entire month! We are too caught up in every day's life, stress and routine which can eventually lead to a depression. I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and I'm struggling with the smallest tasks, everything feels like a chore, I overthink on life which really upsets me and I find it hard to deal with my emotions at this stage of my life.
   
I often find myself crying over the stupidest things such as a new stretch mark on either of my breasts or because I ran out of green tea.. How pathetic? I try not to let it get to me too much simply because I am 100% aware that this is due to hormonal changes in my body and once I pop my baby girl out I will go back to the old, positive and energetic me, but until then here are some steps that I follow regularly to prevent going CRAZY!
  
Talk to someone.
A conversation or heart-to-heart with your best friend, mother or even a total stranger, opening up to someone can be so healing. Keeping it all in can really drive us nuts. This is one of my biggest disadvantages! Sometimes instead of talking things out or letting my feelings off my chest I choose to bottle things in until I can not handle it anymore and I snap. Honest conversation is the key.
            
Talk to yourself in the mirror.
How crazy does this sound? Pretty crazy hey, well it can really work magic. Stand in front of your mirror, look yourself dead in the eyes and say 'Pull yourself together love, you're a strong and beautiful woman who has no time for bullshit!'. It really does work - mainly because you can't believe how ridiculous you sound so you end up laughing. ;-)
       
Look back at your achievements.
Just because you are feeling lost right now, does not mean that you can not be found. We are only human, and there is only so much we can handle. We all have our ups and downs, moments of doubts or weakness. Look back at things that you have achieved in the past and give yourself a pat on the back. This could be anything positive, big or small things that have improved you as a person, your life or made someone else smile!
          
Cry it out.
Crying things out can be such a relief. I often try stopping myself from crying and holding my emotions in, simply because I am too busy to face them or I just don't want to ruin my make up....... But hands down, I have to admit, every time the anger and emotions build up, I will end up breaking down in tears in the end anyway.. And guess what? It really works and I feel completely fine after!
     
Stick your favourite playlist on.
Sometimes all I really need to improve my whole mood is my favourite music! There's nothing like wining in front of the mirror to a little bit of Mavado or Vybz Kartel, thinking I'm some dancehall queen. After 6 songs of straight up dancing and sweating it out to the beat, I forget what was it that bugged me all morning! :-D
  
 
What are your ways of picking yourself up when you've lost it?
 
  

4 comments:

  1. This post came at a great time as i'm lacking in motivation at the moment! I think it's the cold, miserable weather! Thanks for sharing these tips, I love to talk to someone when I'm feeling down, or just meet a friend for coffee! I also find walking in nature helps to clear my head! In your case, I'm sure your hormones are the cause, but you're nearing the end now - and then you will be back to your normal positive self!
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dominica, cut yourself a little break when you are pregnant, your hormones and emotions are off the chart... it's a pretty crazy time. I do like all your tips though, I think we need to do whatever we can to uplift ourselves... Have a great week xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that love!! And ye windy and rainy days always depress me!! Ain't nothing more cheerful than a sunshine. I hope you feel better soon, I'm always here if you want to have a chat or a heart-to-heart! :-) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Launna and I have taken a week off blogging and social media. I had some posts scheduled so that I am not slacking. I'm feeling much better!! Wish you a happy weekend!! xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment !!
Let's connect !!
Instagram: www.instagram.com/its.dominica.s
Facebook fanpage: www.facebook.com/its.dominica.s